Thursday, March 25, 2010

Be Still and Know

I have a white plate on a stand in my kitchen. I write scripture verses there for me and my family to see. The verse I have written there right now is Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God...". I have been thinking of this verse quite a bit lately. As a busy mom of three, there is not much "stillness" in my home. When the kids are all trying to talk to me at once and the phone is ringing and someone is knocking on the door, I can quickly become overwhelmed. At those times, I can turn to my white plate and remind myself of Him.

There are times in our lives when we almost feel as if we can't breathe because the "stuff" we're dealing with is suffocating. It may be the business of a household or something more. I have a dear friend that is dealing with the emotions that come when a loved-one is battling cancer. I know others dealing with financial troubles and job loss. A couple ladies in my Bible-study group have lost parents. Another friend has a child with a severe brain injury. How awesome for each of us to know that in those times when we feel overwhelmed, we have a God who is always there no matter what we're going through, and we're all going to go through something in this life.

If you're reading this, take a moment for yourself right now to just be still and know. Know that you have a God who loves you. Find Him in that moment of stillness.





1 comment:

  1. This is such a great reminder if we are able to take the time to remember that it is true even in some our darkest hours !

    ReplyDelete