Monday, March 15, 2010

Oh Great, Another Blog!

Oh Great, Another Blog!

Ok, so I'm just another stay-at-home-mom who has decided to start her own blog. A blog I'm pretty confident no one is ever going to read, but I'm doing it anyway. Why, you may be asking yourself? Well, let me try to explain why I'm doing this. Please keep in mind I'm not only explaining it to you, my pretend reader, but also to myself.

Did I mention I stay at home with my kiddos? Although, this is an admirable & rewarding position in life, I do feel as though I have lost my sense of "self". I know there are many SAHM's out there that can relate to this. This blog is a way I can get my thoughts down, while discovering a little about myself in the process. I used to love to write. I majored in English Literature in college. I wrote short stories when I was ten years old. I even wrote a "soap opera" in junior high. The cast was made up of the other kids I rode the bus with and we would read it outloud each morning on the bus. That was a very long time ago, however.

I am now a 40 year old mom who drives a minivan & lives in jeans & t-shirts. Don't get me wrong, I love it! I wouldn't have it any other way. This little blog is just a means for me to use my brain a little by stringing words together to make sentences that I hope will make sense to me and my imaginary readers. The name of my blog is "A Joyful Heart" because it really does describe where I am right now in this thing called life. Notice, I didn't say a "happy" heart. I'm not happy everyday. There are days where I want to run away screaming. Joy is something different.

So, I'm not the popular, perky television news anchor I dreamed of being in my younger days. I'm ok with that. I find joy in the everyday little things in life, like dirty dishes, hugs & LOTS of laundry!

Joyfully,
Lori

3 comments:

  1. I am not an imaginary friend! Great beginning! Keep it up! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought that I was the best writer in the family! I guess that I have some competition :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go "sis" ! I cannot think of a greater way to express yourself and your thoughts ! You've come a long way since those "short story" days ! You have so much to offer ! Keep it up ! Love ya and God Bless !

    ReplyDelete