Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Best Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!

I am a very happy mom as I write this post because I received the BEST Mother's Day gift a little early this year. It came in the form of an answered prayer.

Our church had the privilege of hosting a visit by The Power Team! http://www.thepowerteam.com/   If you haven't seen this group of men & women, I highly recommend it. It was an amazing event that moved the hearts of so many. My family was able to go to see them the last night they were here. It was a rainy, miserable Sunday evening & I wanted so much just to stay home in my sweats & t-shirt. It just wasn't a night to go out.

My son, Chase, had been the night before with his friend's family. I was surprised when he came home & said that he had "accepted God" & gone up at the end of the event! You can imagine the thoughts racing through this mama's head as he said this. What? No! I wasn't there. I missed it. Sadness overwhelmed me, but the Holy Spirit quickly reminded me that my son had "accepted Christ"! What was I sad about? This was a time for celebration. Still, my heart felt broken to have missed it.


Fast forward to the next night. The rain falling down. I was taking all three of my kids and my two oldest brought friends. My sister-in-law and niece also went. The Power Team didn't disappoint. It was a spectacle of strength & testimony.

At the end of the evening, they asked for heads to bow & eyes to shut. Then, they asked for hands to raise if anyone wanted to accept Christ as their Lord & Savior! I peaked down the row at my precious children & saw hands in the air! Of course, I knew Chase's would go up because he had already told me that he would "go up" again so that I could see it. The bigger surprise came when I saw my 13 year old daughter's hand high in the air & her precious head bowed!


I had been praying for my children's salvation the entire week before this. I told God that I wanted nothing more than to be in Heaven with my family.

Then, they called anyone who had raised their hand to come forward in the church. There are no words to describe what I felt when my daughter, her friend, my son, his friend, my niece & her friend rose up & went to the front of that church with smiles on their faces! Their names are now written in the Lamb's Book of Life! Praise God!


My son looked at me later & told me had really accepted Christ tonight, not the night before when I wasn't there. Isn't he sweet? I just hugged him, knowing that I hadn't missed a thing.

My daughter, Cayla, told me on the ride home that it was the message she'd been waiting to hear & it had brought tears to her eyes!!  Was this my 13 year old saying this? Yes & God had answered my prayers in a very BIG way!

I had received the greatest Mother's Day gift ever!

Joyfully,
Lori

3 comments:

  1. Lori - that is so AWESOME about your kids! I am so excited that God answered your prayers in such a huge way. Tricia pointed out your kids up front. I was so excited for you and your family. AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It meant so much to me to be there to be able to witness our answered prayers for our children that night! The Lord brought us there on that night for a reason. There are so many other things we could have thought to do. I cannot imagine being able to share in our children's inspiration to walk with Christ more than with you ! You are not only my "sister" in life but in Christ as well !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,
    This is such a praise! I am so happy for you and your family! I know this is answered prayers! God is FAITHFUL AND GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete