Thursday, October 21, 2010

Catching Up

I haven't posted in a very long time. Time got away from me. Summer came & went. I started a Mary Kay business. I have three busy children. I like to creep on Facebook. I like to nap...I mean, I REALLY like to nap! My blog kept getting pushed down my list of things to do. I've been missing it, though. So, I want to do some catching up.

My last post was in May just after two of my three children accepted Christ as their Savior! That was a wonderful day. School ended and summer began. My children were busy during the summer with camps and sleepovers and vacation Bible school. There was actually a week during the summer that my two older kids were both at camp. I only had the 6 year old at home. It was a strange week.  She made camp Paige in the great room because she didn't want to sleep upstairs alone.

I travelled to Dallas, TX in July for the annual Mary Kay convention. I joined in April, so I'm very new, but my husband encouraged me to go. It was a very fun weekend of learning & celebrating. I went with two adorable young women in my unit and we had a great time. Mary Kay, Inc. certainly knows how to hold a successful convention. I was so impressed when they opened the convention with a prayer. I knew I was in the right place. Mary Kay believes that it should be God First, Family Second & Career Third.





School started up in August and for the first time since I became a mom all of my babies are in school all day long! Let me repeat that....all day long! I was excited about all of this free time I was going to have. Free time I was going to spend working out, building my Mary Kay business, lunching with friends, studying the Bible, volunteering, catching up on projects at home, etc.!  I quickly learned that I missed my babies way more than I thought I would. I would walk around the grocery store wondering how my oldest daughter could possibly be in high school already and how my youngest was in first grade. Where had the time gone?





It is now late October, one of my favorite times of the year. I absolutely love fall. Earlier this month we finally took our family to Disney World in Florida. This is a trip I've been wanting to take since my oldest daughter, Cayla, was born. We either didn't have the money, had a new baby or both. It truly was a magical place. It was one of those trips that couldn't have been any better. I was lucky enough to be able to spend it with my brother and his family, too. I hope to be able to go back again someday, but I know that this particular trip was special.



Ok, so that brings me to today. I am still trying to figure out what I want my days to look like, even though my kids have been in school for a couple of months. I know some of you can relate. I heard a great quote lately that really spoke to me..."if I don't tell time where to go, I'll always wonder where it went". Isn't that so true?

Joyfully,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment